Sunday, February 9, 2020

GRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE - 02/03/2020

Ahhhh, my favorites!! Sister Johnson and Sister Kidd!!
HELLLLLO MY FAVORITE PEOPLE EVER!!! WELL you see I almost died this week so I am SO happy to be alive hahaha let me tell ya SO we have this meeting on the first Sunday of every month and it's called the 'Why I Believe' Fireside and everyone and their dog is invited!!! What happens is people who were recently baptised talk about their conversion and their story and it is real spiritual and what not SO we were driving there and we almost got there but my sweet sweet companion lead the way and accidentally missed our exit and right when we missed our exit, DOWNPOUR. Like seriously the rain was SO bad so we cautiously drove to the next exit and turned around to go on the right exit and the driver thought a pull off was the exit so had to hurry back on to the freeway THEN when we got off the road ended and he didn't see so my sweet companion yelled and he hurried and turned ahhhh love it THEN to top it all off, he was going to park and almost hit my best buds, Sister Johnson and Sister Sellick!!! Hahahaha BUT we made it in one piece and no one got hurt in the process and I am so glad because OH MY GOODNESS IT WAS INCREDIBLE. It was right next to the temple so we showed our friend and the recent convert around the temple and it was so so good!!
Sister Bullock the sweetest human!!


ME AND MY CUTE COMP!!!
Well, this week was a week of miracles and so many ways that I saw the Lord's hand in everything I did!! AHH SO HAPPY. SO let me tell you a few!!! FIRST, we had to walk home from the chapel on Monday because of some chavs (aka young boy wanna-be's hehe) and it was an hour walk home and we didn't have any good conversations until we finally met this man AND OH MY GOODNESS it was incredible!!! We talked for about an hour about God and life and everything!! He used to be in the armed forces and just had so many incredible experiences and it was just so so amazing! AH then we got his number and he wants to come to church so we are excited for that!! AH, I LOVE IT. THEN we walked the rest of the way home and we got home and I looked in my pockets and was like "uhhh sister, I don't have my bus pass" hahahaha I LOST MY BUS PASS buuuut I was playing with it in my pocket while talking to the man so I knew it fell out on our way home or where we talked to the man! SOOOO we went outside to go back and look for it and let me tell ya, God was testing my faith because I said so many prayers and just asked for help to find it and for the longest time I couldn't see it!! THEN FINALLY I turned to my companion and was about to say I don't think it's here but before I did, I looked down one last time and there was the blessed bus pass AHHH I know it doesn't seem that big but it was such an amazing, faith-building moment!!! I LOVE IT. OKAY there were so many more but the last one I will talk about today is this SO we were meeting with a returning member and it was our first time and we all just became best friends it was so good and we read in the Book of Mormon about how God is listening and we invited her and her husband to pray every night before they go to bed and after we asked her to she looked at me and said "how did you know I wasn't doing that?" OKAY now let me tell you a few things, this was not what we were planning on inviting them to do and they were very reluctant to even meet with us and as soon as she asked me that I just said yanno the Lord works in mysterious ways AND I know I was not alone in that moment and I was guided in so many ways!! AH so amazing I love it!!! MISSIONARY WORK IS AMAAAAZING.
Hehehe, fun pic of me!

The Temple!!


Another big thing that happened this week was a day called Faith Day at a high school (they call it college) here in good old St. Helens and it was so so good!! SO we just had a little display and my companion and I got to just talk to people about God and Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon and how they all blessed our lives ALL DAY. AH, it was like 2 months of missionary work in one day, so so so amazing and a day I will never forget!!! I LOVE IT.
Cutie flower from Sister Smith
OKAY sorry, this is so so long BUT LAST thing okay so if anyone knows me, you know one of my favourite scriptures in the whole world is Alma 37:47 where it says "look to God and live" WELLLL let's talk about this okay so on Friday we had interviews with our Mission President and after, I asked his wife her favourite talk so I could read it the next day and she just told me anything by Elder Holland or Elder Christofferson SO, of course, I looked at all the talks written by those two and in October 1993 Elder Holland gave a talk in general conference called "Look to God and Live" WHAT YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING. AHHH. It is now one of my favourite talks and I invite you all to read it okay? okay!!! One of my favourite parts of it is where it says:

"I testify this morning of God’s limitless love for his children, of his unquenchable desire to help us heal our wounds, individually and collectively. He is our Father"

I know that God is there for us and I know his love for us is so strong!!! I know that when we look to Him and live, we are strengthened and he will heal our wounds and help us in any way we need and I know this because I feel it every single day here in the good old England (aka my new home). Missions are hard, life is hard but we are not alone and I have felt my Saviour help me every single day without a doubt and I am so grateful for that!! I LOVE THIS GOSPEL SO MUCH and even though 
days are hard, I am so happy to be here representing my Best Friend in England. WAHOOOO HAVE A GOOD WEEK.

LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
sister farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment