Thursday, September 12, 2019

UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN!!?? - 09/09/2019

HELLO HELLO HELLLLLLLO MY FRIENDS. Okay so this week was wild BUT like always, let me start off with explaining this title!! SO Sister Johnson and I were sitting in the Storehouse, which is a library/cinema/theater/cafe/anything you want it to be, and we were waiting for our friend to come and meet with us. This man comes over and says "did you go to University of Michigan?" so we were like mmmm no then we asked him if he has (since we're missionaries and talk to everyone) and he pretty much says in reality no, but in a dream yes (but in a VERY complicated way). THEN we left because we needed somewhere where we could sit with our friend and this man follows us all around Storyhouse!!! It was wild and not gonna lie we were a little nervous, but it was definitely something we will never forget!! BUT YES WE LOVE IT BECAUSE ALL IS WELL, YANNO?
last meal with the boyers and we're sad about it :(

ANYWHO, let's talk about our week. For starters, winter is coming!!!! It is definitely starting to get a little chilly here in the UK but it's not too bad so were doing good! Sister Johnson and I have no idea what to expect so we're just little bit nervous about what it's going to he like BUT all is well and so far, so good!!! THEN ALSO, the Boyer's (senior couple in our area aka my mission grandparents) officially left and let me tell you, I love them so much and I am so sad about it!!!! They are the most pure souls and their love for the gospel is AMAAAAZING. We will miss them SO SO much and Chester hasn't been the same with out them. IT WAS HEARTBREAKING to go to church and not see them there! AHHH SO sad, they will be so missed!!! 

Let the cold weather begin!!

ANNNND then, we saw so many miracles this week!!! We have been teaching lots of inactive members but not as many people with interested, we have been trying SO hard to find people BUT havent had much luck but we keep trying because we know that the Lord sees our efforts BECAUSE we made two new friends who have so much potential and we are so excited to meet with them more regularly! SO the first one I met when I was companions with Sister Ellsworth! We met when we were tracting (knocking on doors) around our estate and he was so nice and promised he'd listen but didnt have time then SO we were like okay we will be back. We kept going back and it kept not working out BUT he kept promising so we didnt give up and we finally caught him at the right time this week so we were able to meet and he is interested to keep meeting!!! THEN we met another lady a couple of weeks ago on the bus and when we were tracting some more around our estate, we knocked on her door!! She was interested in meeting again so we set up a time that we will meet and we are excited for that as well!! HONESTLY, the Lord is amazing, his work is AMAZING and miracles are SO REAL. We are so happy to work with this people!!! 
sister johnson's sister sent her coconut syrup so we made some dirty diet cokes!!!!!

HMM another happy thing is Sister Johnson hit her TWO month mark this week!!! She is amazing and has grown SO much so I am so happy for her! ALSO, TOMORROW IS MY FIVE MONTH MARK. Where is time going?!??? IS THIS ALLOWED?? I don't know but I don't think it should be!!! CRAZY. 


LASTLY, my favorite conference talk in the whole world is Christ: The Light That Shines in Darkness by Sharon Eubank. IT IS AMAZING!!! I seriously listen to it almost every morning BUT it's okay it's so worth it. ANYWHO, I was reading the New Testament and the scripture Matthew 1:23 is honestly one of my favorites!! It is talking about the birth of Jesus Christ and it says..

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

WELL, in the talk she quotes the last line that is "God with us." and then says that He is surely with you. HOW AMAZING IS IT TO KNOW THAT OUR SAVIOR AND BEST FRIEND IS ALWAYS WITH US. I love that!!! I love the knowledge that we can have to know that our best friend, Jesus Christ, is always with us. We are never EVER alone and I know that to be true and can testify it till the day I die! I love it so much!!!! I LOVE THE GOSPEL.

OKAY, THAT'S ALL FOR TODAY, I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE THE GREATEST WEEK.

LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
sister farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment