Wednesday, July 31, 2019

I AM A MOM - 07/29/2019

Sister Johnson's first day in the field!
HELLO EVERYONE. WELL she came so quick but I have a child and her name is Sister Johnson and she is just the SWEEETEST human ever!!! I love her so much!! She is from California and a dancer AND she loves in n out AND diet coke so we obviously get along REAL well. ALSO my diet coke addiction is going to get worse this transfer but we aren't mad about that! But I love her and am so lucky/happy to be training her SHE'S SO GOOD. The first thing she said to me about her vision of being a missionary is to love everyone because everyone deserves to know that they are loved... WHAT. I am like 99% sure that's exactly what I said when I first came out so we are happy about that!!! This is going to be SUCH a good transfer.
Me and my cute trainee!!

THIS WEEK WAS SO GOOD but also so long hahaha I feel like it took ten years for it to get to Monday but that's okay, I think that's how the beginning of the transfer will always be SO WE'RE OVER IT. But it was a good week!!! OH AND THERE ARE SOME EXCITING NEWS. So last week, we went to an escape room with our friend and the member that referred her AND after we left, our friend said she wanted to move her baptismal date up and wants to be baptised on AUGUST 10TH. WHAT. She asked to move it up a whole month!!!! Ahhh I cried I am just so excited for her and her desire to come closer to Christ!! SHE IS SO GOOD. BUT YES we were like yeah yeah of course we can move it up!!! So this week has been kind of crazy because we have had to teach her everyday as well as teach other friends and help the elders with one of their friends, it has been wild!!! BUT we love wild so we are happy!!! I do feel bad though because we haven't had as much time to go finding so Sister Johnson hasn't been able to practice AND this upcoming week looks just as crazy so HOPEEEFULLY we find time this week!!! WILD. But it'll all work out!!!
The diet coke runs have begun!!
Okay so yes this week was wild I think you all understand that BUT I'm gonna be honest this week is the biggest blur of my life, it was SO hot then SO rainy so it has just been all over the place!!!! BUT thats okay all is well, we were at the mission home on Wednesday! I LOVE the mission home and I got to see Sister Smith and some friends from the MTC so I was happy!! We also said goodbye to some missionaries that were going home and that was sad, they are gonna be missed FOR SURE. THEN we have been fed so much this week and I am so blessed! We had this dessert called banoffee and homies I think everyone should learn how to make it and try it because it is SOOOOOOOO good. I think it ties with sticky toffee pudding for my favorite dessert I've had so far! WE LOVE IT. It's like banana and caramel mixed with toffee on crumble. I'm literally obsessed you dont even understand!! SO GOOD. I also think I've gotten addicted to toffee but it's fine were over it!!!! AH what else hahaha oh yes we got some peas from a member at church on Sunday and oh my goodness it was soooo funny! Okay so we were walking around carrying these peas and visiting people and I LEFT THEM IN SOMEONES HOME HAHAHA so this 90 man ran outside and yelled at us while waving these peas and I dont know it was just the funniest thing and we were laughing SO HARD. IT WAS SO FUNNY. I love it hahaha good times!!!!
In front of our chapel
HOMIES I HONESTLY LOVE THIS WORK. I love being a missionary with my whole heart and I love the things we learn! We were talking about being examples with training and stuff and they referred to Alma 17:11 and it says...

11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

HOW GOOD IS THAT. I love this because it truly says be a good example and the Lord will do his work and make them an instrument in His hand. I LOVE THAT. So that's my new motto, be a good example and love everyone!!! I am so happy to be here and to be doing this work, you dont even understand!!! 

OKAY ILL TALK TO YOU ALL NEXT WEEK. Have an amazing week!!!

LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
sister farnworth

A missionary sent this to me..REPRESENT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment