Tuesday, July 9, 2019

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, FELLOW AMERICANS - 07/08/2019

Our 4th of July fireworks
Well friends, my first fourth of July not in America and it was just the saddest!!! I LOVE the fourth of july so you know my heart was just a little broken BUT THAT'S OKAY. WE STILL SMILIN. Last p-day we went to Five Guys so that was something American to start the week and then on the fourth we just talked about America a LOT and listed all fifty states and yeah it was just so good! OH and we drew some fireworks on paper and took a picture with them so that was our firework show this year, I bet you are all so jealous ;) hahahaha so good. then this upcoming week we have a member that is having all the missionaries over for a fourth of july BBQ AND we have our American themed ward BBQ on Saturday so we are PUMPED for that because we love America so it should be really fun!!!! BUT YES, I hope you all had an amazing fourth of July and ate lots of burgers for me and enjoyed lots of fireworks for me!!!
Exchanges!
THIS WEEK WAS SO GOOD. AH. okay, so we went up to Liverpool for exchanges which was SO GOOD and quite eventful. My companion for the day was Sister Arines. She is the sweetest human ever, she's from the Philippines and this is her last transfer so she goes home in like two weeks, sad day :( I love her and will miss her SO much! But we had a good time! We just did lots of street contacting and met with a couple returning members who were realllly nice!! We also met with a recent convert who was just the sweetest!!! THEN it was Sister Robinson's (her companion) birthday so their whole district got together and had a birthday dinner for her! It was SO fun and I love their district, I seriously was laughing the whole time it was great and one of the missionaries was like are you judging and I was like uhhhhhhh nope I have four older brothers so I've seen so much worse, it was so funny!!! I LOVE IT. THEN we were on our way to the dinner and we had to blow up balloons on the bus and we looked like a bunch of weirdos blowing up these balloons and carrying them around, then we had to run into Aldi (it's like Walmart but cheaper) and buy a cake with a bunch of balloons in our hands hahahaha I was dying from laughing so hard but made for good memories so YOU KNOW I was happy!! It was all so good and I got to know Sister Arines way better and we are SO similar so that was really nice!!! AHHH SO GOOD. I LOVE EXCHANGES.
Sister Airnes on exchanges


YES then we went visited some returning members with a member of the ward and IT WAS SO GOOD! She was so funny and pure about it but it was good to help her get out of her comfort zone so that was good!!! It was also sad though because the only door that was opened, the person told us the member we were asking for passed away SO yeah that was sad!! But it's all good, they are probably happy in heaven now! YAY FOR THE PLAN OF SALVATION. YEET. So that was an exciting time, wanna know what else is exciting? BUSES. They are just SO fun because they literally never show up. IT'S GREAT but on the real we had two buses not show up in the time span of like 2 hours so we were stranded and late to two of our appointments! The first one was fine, we called her and let her know BUT I felt so bad for the second one! A member was having us over for tea and so we called her and let her know we'd be a few minutes late and all was well right??? WRONG. we followed google maps and it told us to go on this trail so we started on the trail ANNNNDDDDD dead end. So we were extra late to that appointment but that's okay because the member was REAL nice and came and picked us up after a while so we are grateful. Honestly, I think we need to learn not to let me have directions because somehow I always get lost following google maps or have us walk through areas where the grass is up to our knees... hahahaha classic sister farnworth. WE LOVE IT.
Me lost in the woods hahahaha!


LASTLY, we walked 7 miles on Saturday!!! Okay, we walk A LOT but never 7 miles in one day. OH MY GOODNESS YALL I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE. but no worries, I am alive and well hahaha but seriously it was quite the day, we just walked around and visited inactive members! Only one answered the door and didnt want us to visit again which is sad but that's okay!!! It ended really good though because when we got back to where we live we went tracting and knocked on one door and the man was Muslim and THE NICEST HUMAN EVER!! He talked to us for an hour, just telling us stories and neat experiences! IT WAS SO GOOD WE LOVE HIM. AH YES and his sons work at Nando's so he told us to ask for discounts, it was so funny! WE LOVE NICE PEOPLE AND LOTS OF WALKING.
Cute street in Buckley

ALSO, I had such an amazing experience this week. THE GOSPEL IS SO GOOD. Okay okay okay so we talked a lot about Angel's on my exchange and it's been something I've been studying! SO in Moroni 7:29-33 it talks about how Angel's are here still today and then describes missionaries and how we are Angel's. OKAY WE LOVE IT. So then I read a talked from Jeffery R. Holland and it's called "The Ministry of Angel's" and it talks about how we are ALL Angel's and there are still Angel's here to counsel us!!! AHHH so good, everyone go read it because you will LOVE it. It's just so good and so comforting. I love this gospel and I love the opportunity I have everyday to represent Jesus Christ. I love my Savior and all that hes done for me and you and all of us so that we can have happiness. IT'S AMAZING. IM SO HAPPY TO DO THIS WORK.
A member at church

Overall, it was a good week!!! We have so many funny experiences AND OH MY GOODNESS I SWEAR everywhere we go some man says I'm nice looking or gorgeous or something and it makes me laugh every time! Yesterday, there was a man that said he wants to meet just so he could look at me HAHAHAHA I was like ohhhhh my goodness Y'ALL NEED JESUS. It's so funny though and makes my day everyday so it's good hahaha I love it!! I LOVE ENGLAND AND I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. I love you all and hope you all have the best week!!

LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
sister farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment