![]() |
| Pic of Meg from a couple on a cruise!! |
WHAT AN EXCITING WEEK. Okay if I could describe this week in one word it would be RAIN. Oh my goodness it is raining so much and it is cooooold, it's June and the high is somewhere in the 50's so it's a little bit chilly but we are living our best life!!! This week we celebrated my two month and Sister Ellsworth's four month with four scoops of ice cream EACH. oh I thought I was going to explode I could barely finish it!!! But that was fun and made for some good memories THEN the next day we had First Five Weeks. SAY WHAT. I'm done with my first transfer!!!! Isn't that just so wild??? I don't know about anyone else but this has been the quickest six weeks of my life and the quickest two months ever!!!! But First Five Weeks was AMAZING. We woke up at 5:30 to get the train to go to the mission home in Manchester and that was exciting but just all day the spirit was just amazing!! AHHHH I LOVE THIS GOSPEL. Okay, so we talked mainly about our purpose and how we can do better and how we can always focus on what we need to be focusing on. One thing I loved that we discussed was if you want to change, then CHANGE. It reminded me a lot of the serenity prayer, accept the things I cannot change and change the things I can!!! If we want to change the way we are doing something or the way something is happening, we can!! We can't control other people but we can control ourselves and our thoughts and how we react to things and I think that's something that we can forget at times because we get so caught up in the negativity of the world. BUT at the end of the day, if you want to be better or happier in whatever you're doing then do something about it and WHATS EVEN BETTER is that God will help you through it all without a doubt!!!!
On Thursday night we had a district night and we do this thing where we buy kinder eggs with toys in them and whatever the toy is that's in them, we predict what your next transfer is going to be like! I got this spiny dude and it's really fun to play with so that was exciting!!! Everyone said I was going to get a new companion and be spinning because they'll be really hard! BUT all is well because we got transfer calls yesterday and Sister Ellsworth is staying so YEET. Then we met with this man and he was trying to tell us how we didn't know the full truth and we need to study more and all this stuff and Sister Ellsworth and him were mostly talking while I was just smiling the whole time and he was like what are you thinking and I was like honestly at the end of the day, we can all think what we want but the main message is that we should all love each other just like Christ does and the spirit was like WOAHHHH it was great the man was done talking after I said that and it was so good! Then we went and had lunch at this place called Gregg's and it is like my favorite place ever!! It's SO YUMMY. but we had a really deep talk and the spirit was SO STRONG. It was so wild though because it was so noisy and there were babies crying and it was not your ideal situation but I can't even describe how strong the spirit was, it was amazing. THEN another friend set a date to be baptized so we are SOOOOO excited for her!!! She's so sweet and taught us lots of patience but AGH WE JUST LOVE HER. Then we went and had tea at Nando's for the last time as the Chester group and our friend Joe came and we took this cutie Polaroid and it was so so fun!!! I'm gonna gain some weight though because that is our SIXTH time going to Nando's this transfer hahahaha it's so worth it though!!!
Then we met a new friend, he is great! He has had a lot of hard things happen in his life but he wants to find his light again and is willing to give religion a try which is really good and makes me happy! We also visited this inactive member and she is GREAT. She hasn't been to church for a while because of health problems (she also smokes so that doesn't help the health problem but that's okay) but she still believes in it all and she studies at home and her husband recently passed away but she is trying to have someone do his temple work so that she can be sealed to him! She is SO NICE. I seriously love her and she gave me the greatest hug EVER I was like awww you're like my favorite human!! It was so fun and such a good visit!!! We also had tea with the senior couple in my area, they are AMAZING. They are from Holladay, UT and seriously the sweetest people! They sent us home with this stuff called Sticky Toffee Pudding and it is my favorite dessert ever so it was just amazing!!!
THEN FINALLY, OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE. we woke up and I got back in the room after going to the toilet and there was a spider the size of an egg on the wall. YOU GUYS. WHAT. It was the scariest thing I've ever experienced and I just thought we were gonna have to burn down our flat and I'd have to go home but I killed it and so we're good now hahaha BUT yeah anywho, we went finding for people but just found a bunch of tourists that weren't interested, we love tourist season!!! But it's all good, every Monday night a family in the ward does a family home evening for whoever wants to come and we normally don't get to go because we don't have a ride but we did this week and it was so good!!! The man that owns the home always says I'm trouble and I don't know how he came up with that (I think the elders said I was) but now I'm just known as trouble it's so funny and makes my day!!! ANYWHO We talked about the crucifixion of Christ and what he truly did for us and how amazing that is! AND IT'S SO TRUE. Like AHHHH what Christ did for us is amazing and it's so amazing to know that someone loves us all so much that he would do something like that for us! AHHHH IT'S JUST SO GOOD.
OH MY GOODNESS THIS EMAIL IS SO LONG IM SO SORRY. Last thing, this transfer we were invited to read the Book of Mormon and highlight every reference to Christ and I finished yesterday and it was just amazing! You don't realize how much it really talks about Christ in the Book of Mormon until you do that and when you do, it really just testifies the truthfulness of the Book even more!!!! Sometimes I wish I could just stand on the rooftops and be like YO IT'S SO TRUE JUST READ IT AND YOULL BE SO HAPPY. But sadly, Ican't do that but that's okay!!! I just love this gospel so much and I love the things that I've learned!! I know that it's all true and the happiness that it brings and this gospel brings is unbeatable. AHHH it's just all so good and I love it all. OKAY that's all, have a good week everyone and I'll talk to you next week!!!!
LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
sister farnworth
![]() |
| Ice Cream for my 2-month mark!! |
![]() |
| At the mission home |
![]() |
| Random pic |
![]() |
| A hike we went on last week |
![]() |
| The family home evening I was talking about |
![]() |
| Fun pic of us with the elders |
![]() |
| Love talking to this cute girl!! |
![]() |
| Nandos for the last time |
![]() |
| Found this fun wall where i live!! |










No comments:
Post a Comment