| Sister Ellsworth and me! |
okay FIRST let me explain the title, I have had THREE tourists stop me to take pictures of/with me this week, two were in one day and one was the next day hahahaha so on the first day, we were doing a street display so I was on one side of the street and Sister Ellsworth was on the other and a man stopped me and he was from Taiwan and he just said I was beautiful so he had to take a picture of me and I don't think I was paying attention in the photo because I had no idea what was going on but it's the thought that counts :') then there was a lady from Canada and we were talking about how she's a member and then she was like "go over there" so I was like what okay hahaha then she took my picture because she wanted to show everyone back home she saw a missionary hahahaha CUTEST. Then on the last day, there was a tourist that saw me and Sister Ellsworth and stopped us as we were walking to take a picture. We're just so famous I can't handle it hahahaha just kidding but okay let's get to the real business
| A random pic so you remember what i look like! |
THIS WEEK WAS A GOOD WEEK! I was still feeling sick at the beginning of the week but I'm just living my best life so it is alllll good in the hood and I feel better now so it's great!!! BUT AH OKAY where do I even begin! So we didn't have many lessons with people because everyone bailed, it was so sad!! BUT ALL IS WEEEELLLLLL and we got to do a lot of finding which is always good AND the lessons we did have were amazing so it was wellll worth it!!!! ALSO, THE FUNNIEST THING HAPPENED. So we were walking down the street in Chester saying hi to people and doing the good old missionary work and Sister Ellsworth goes "uhhh I think a bird just pooped on my head" AND I LOOK ON HER HEAD AND A LITTLE PIECE OF BIRD POOP WAS ON HER HEAD. hahahahaha I was dying it was so funny!!!! Good times good times. BUT yes what else, oh, we had tea at this new-ish members home AND IT WAS SO FUN. She lives on a farm and I met all her horses and it was just great!!! Then we ate and it was yummy and we went to this Book of Mormon class that we have every Wednesday which is always GREAT. Our new friend, Joe, came and he's solid, he really likes the Book of Mormon so he liked the class, it was really good for him!!!! Then after we had this ward coordination where we planned our Ward BBQ that'll be in July and it's American themed so LET'S GO BABY. I'm so excited for that!!!! Then the day ended with this AMAZING sunset so I took this picture, it doesn't even do it justice but it was just amazing AHHHHHH I LOVE IT, please enjoy.
Then for most of the week we just tried getting in contact with less active members which is always a party! There was one home that was abandoned and we didn't know but we went up to it and these young teenagers were like "Oh are you gonna break in? We'll do it with you" and I was like mmmm probably not hahaha it was interesting experience!!! Then we had a man that pretended he didn't know English and then others just say oh heeeeeecckkkkk no (they didn't say heck) it was funny but I get it we all have our own choice and we love them no matter what!!! So that was an exciting time for sure and since we don't have a car we just walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk. It's honestly really good and stopping to talk to people along the street is a lot more fun that you would think! BUT we were able to meet with Joe AND OH MY GOODNESS he is just amazing!!! We texted him in the middle of the week to see how he was doing with his Book of Mormon reading and he said it's oddly addictive to read and he was just gonna read a chapter a day but he can't put it down, THAT IS LIKE HEAVEN FOR A MISSIONARY TO HEAR YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND. Sister Ellsworth and I were in the middle of this cafe when we read that text and we were like freaking out and we were just so happy it was great!!!! Then a few days later we had a really good lesson with him AND HE WANTS TO GET BAPTISED!!!!!! WHAT. IT WAS AMAZING. I am so excited for him and the choice that he has made!!!! AHHHH I LOVE THIS GOSPEL AND I LOVE SEEING HOW IT CAN BLESS LIVES. What a good time in the life of Sister Farnworth. We also met this man on Sunday and we saw him on the bus and he was in a wheelchair and he seemed to be in pain or just sad but we both felt like we should talk to him and tell him that everything will be okay so we did! It was amazing and it was just a conversation next to the bus stop but the spirit was so strong and it was just great AHHHH. But hopefully we see him again and meet with him because he is amazing!!
OKAY LASTLY. So this week I was really trying to study confidence!!!! I feel like in life, especially as a missionary, you gotta be a confident person. You have to have some kind of confidence to meet new people or present something in class or talk to random people about the Church of Jesus Christ which is DEFINITELY something that gets you out of your comfort zone! In Preach My Gospel, it talks about how there are people that have the knowledge and just go through the motions and there are people that rely on the Lord and are more confident and genuine. I just feel like in any situation it's so important to remember to rely on the Lord and give your problems to Him because he truly will help you and give you that confidence to get through your struggles. I feel like all my spiritual thoughts are similar but it truly all goes hand in hand!!! It's so comforting to know that there is someone that we can be confident through and that we aren't doing this all alone! That in itself gives me confidence for sure!!! But it's just amazing and I know the Lord is by my side all the time and I am confident in that. IT'S GREAT!!!
I love this gospel and all of you! I hope you have the best week ever!!!!!!
LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
sister farnworth
p.s. transfers are next week so my p-day will be on tuesday
| We found this while walking down the street (it's a vine for those that don't know lol) |
| The horses from the members home. |
| The sunset I talked about! |
No comments:
Post a Comment