| Add caption |
They have been so nice since we got here and understanding of how hard this all is!!! One teacher told us if we get too stressed we can just take a minute to ourselves, I was shocked because this is nothing like the brothers warned me for, so thanks for nothing y'alllllllll. Just kidding just kidding but it's been good!! We have done good so far we have done door-knocks and gotten to know 'investigators' (they are really our teachers we just have to call them different names, lol). But that's been good we had somewhat of a lesson with them but we were just getting to know them the last time we met with them. That's been neat and we did a lesson and I was like oh I'm ready for this send me out to the real world... THEN we had a lesson with our other one and I was like distracted by my thoughts and quickly was like never mind don't send me out to the real world I'll stay here forever. Hahahaha just kidding but it was a DAY!
On Sunday the Area President came to speak to us and his name is Elder Johnson from Sandy, UT. All his NINE kids went to Jordan (go beetdiggers!!) I was like holy crap, but it was cool because we could talk about home!! He was really good to listen to and his wife talked about how it doesn't matter where we came from or what we've done or anything because, at the end of the day, we are all children of God. Now I don't know if it was because I was feeling homesick on Sunday but that hit me hard and I was like you right we are all children of God and right now I'm okay because I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be!!!!! After they spoke to us we listened to the song Nearer my God to Thee and I STARTED CRYING! WHATTTTT? Let me tell you why, this song reminds me of Grandpa Farnworth and his funeral. When it started playing it seemed like Grandpa Farnworth was hugging me and I just felt instant relief and happiness!!! It was amazing!!!
Another incredible experience we had was we went to Manchester!!!! We got to proselyte to REAL LIFE HUMANS!! It was wild honestly and very scary! When we got there we prayed of course and I was like okay we got this. THHEEEENNN we didn't talk to anyone for an hour and I was like okay Sister Steiner, this isn't me, and I'm usually more of an outgoing person so I don't want to leave this regretting it!!!! So luckily, a teacher helped us and gave us a pep talk and then we went and handed out pass along cards and a Book of Mormon! We didn't get anyone's contact information but we did plant seeds so I am happy!! It was a scary experience but I wouldn't have changed it for the world and thankfully I didn't leave with any regrets!!!
FINALLY, we got to go to the town of Chorley and that was very very neat!!! It's so old and cute and I love it!!! And there was a Mary Poppins bench and we all started singing songs from Mary Poppins and it was GREAT. Then YOU GUYS, I got out of my comfort zone and ate fish and chips and they weren't too shabby! I had the option to get me some chicken tenders and I got fish and chips so I'm honestly proud of myself!!
Anywhooooo, this week was good and went by quick but also so slowwww but I only have two more weeks in the MTC so that's wild!!!! I love you all so much and hope you have the best week ever!!! Talk to you later!
LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
Sister Farnworth
No comments:
Post a Comment