Tuesday, April 23, 2019

another week has come and gone!! - 04/23/19

Megan's companion and district
The District stick figures
Another weeeek has come and gone and I swear yesterday I was just calling home!! Hahaha it's crazy because I feel like the first was the looooongest week ever but now days are going quick and I'm grateful to have a watch that tells me what day it is because I seriously never know!!! Anywhoooo it was a good weeek!!

We got to watch this devotional by Elder Bednar and it was so neat!! It was talking about if the voice we hear is the holy ghost or just ourselves and he said IT DOESNT MATTER. Just be a good boy or a good girl and keep the commandments and your covenants and you will know exactly what to do and I was likkkkeee oooo you right boi but it opened my eyes tons and I loved it!! 


Yesterday we got to go to Manchester and do some street contacting and that was an adventure let me tell you!! Hahaha so I was with one of the new Russian sisters that barely speaks English and she is the sweetest human ever but little English means I'm the only one that can talk which is fun but I don't know its very intimidating!! So this homeless guy stopped us and was like "Are you Mormons?" And I was like yes!!! How do you know? And we talked for some time and he was talking about how he wishes we could all be happy and believe the same things and what not and it was great and then he hurried and switched the direction of conversation and was trying to test me on my knowledge and kinda got mad at me for not knowing everything but YOU GUYS. I have never felt so calm about anything in my life! I was like so soft spoken and I knew I wasn't alone because I felt so strong in what I believe. 

Eventually, he realized he couldn't tear me down so he backed away and said have a good day and what not but that was an experience!!! Then I met a few atheists and made just some good conversation with all of them! They were all super nice and it was great!!! One of them wanted a pass along card which was kinda exciting haha then we met a guy that basically told me I was going to hell for eating meat and ice cream and I was like hmmmmmmm okay sounds good buddy it was so funny but he saw the Book of Mormon and said he wanted to read it so I gave him a copy!! It was cool!!! So that was an awesome experience and I definitely feel like I am being myself as I talk to people which has been such a blessing!!! SO DONT YOU WORRY I AM STILL MFARNY YEEET!!




ALSO, I play soccer like every day and I still suck but it's so much fun to play with everyone, especially when we all suck!! But if you think about it since we get to play every day were bound to get good so don't be surprised if I come home and I'm a pro 🤷‍♀️

ANYWHOOOO, one more week till I'm out in the field and I am pumped!!!! I'm like nervous but also I can't wait!!!! 

LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
sister farnworth

P.S. I have no idea when my p-day will be next week so I'll email when I can!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment