![]() |
| Sister Ellsworth and Sister Farnworth in the rain!! |
This week was an AMAZING week but also a week filled with unfortunate events (just like the title says hahahahaha, I'm so funny)!! SO first on our adventure of unfortunate events, we went out and we rode on a bus to a place called Mold, it's in Wales and it's beautiful!! We met with one of our investigators and ate McFlurries and life was good!! We had a good conversation, he was a little sad when he found out that the sister that used to be companions with Sister Ellsworth was gone but then even more sad when he found out that Sister Ellsworth was going to leave! It was so sad and it was kind of like a break up, he was crying which made her cry... it was tragic honestly hahaha but I felt like I was watching a Nicholas Sparks movie so it was pretty exciting!!! But then we went and knocked on doors and no one answered or they said they don't have time and shut it really quick. One lady answered and according to our maps, she was a member but just less active so I said "Hi are you [insert name here]?" and she was not happy that I knew her name. Turns out it wasn't the lady we were looking for and they just happened to have the same name BUUUUT all is welllllllllll. Then we met a man who is an artist and he seemed like he was interested, we talked to him for about an hour. Turns out he just wanted us to buy his artwork and didn't want anything to do with the Gospel hahaha but it was a good conversation!!! We almost missed our bus though so we had to run to that then we had to run to our dinner appointment because we were going to be late and it was just a lot of running and let me tell you I have not run for a reeeeeaaaaallllly long time so you can guess how I felt at the end of that lol (RIP mfarny)
Then we got canceled on so we planned to spend the whooooole day street contacting but little did we know there was gonna be a HUGE rainstorm!!! It was so funny it was literally pouring and we didn't bring our umbrellas so we were soaking wet hahahaha everyone took cover and there was no one outside except us SO since it was my one month of being out, we took cover and got us some gelato, I WAS SO HAPPY! I love me some gelatoooooo!! It was great and when we got into the gelato place we had little puddles under us because we were dripping so much hahaha good times good times!!! Then the next day we went street contacting and the weather was so nice there wasn't one cloud in the sky and it was sunny which was amazing!!! Then we had a dinner appointment with the sweetest lady in the ward, she is seriously the most amazing human, I aspire to be like her one day!!! We stayed and talked with her for a while ANNNND we missed our bus back to our flat!!! So we were like well we can wait an hour for the next bus or we can walk and be home in an hour... so we chose to walk. Dumb decision. WE GOT LOST AND ENDED UP WALKING FOR 2.5 HOURS!!! Hahaha so Google maps took us onto this one trail and then said we had to get on another trail that was nonexistent soooooo we just kept following the first trail but then it just ended so we were just strolling on the grass part (I don't know what you call that) trying to get out. The view was AMAZING though so we weren't complaining! But we were so scared someone was gonna come out and yell at us but then I was like if they do, we look like two dumb Americans lost in a patch of grass so hopefully they'll be nice hahaha then we finally got out this grassy area AND we were still an hour from home!! It was 8:30 at this point so we just hurried home it was quite the adventure!!!! Then just for a cherry on top of our adventures, one of our investigators dropped us!!! It was so sad :(
BUUUUT even though this was a week of many adventures, it was an amazing week!!! We had zone conference and the topic was conversion. It was amazing amazing AMAZING!! We talked about how we ALL have to have our own conversion and we need to understand where are investigators and members are with their conversions! I also loved it because we talked about how we aren't here to DO things for them, we're just here to HELP them!!! I LOVE THAT!! Especially in missionary work, it's so easy to think okay what can we do for them instead of how can we help them!!!
Then throughout all our adventures, it was seriously so fun! We remembered to laugh even though everything that could have gone wrong did and I think that was so important!! It was a good reminder to just enjoy the journey and I know that we were never alone when things did go wrong because the Lord was with us and helping us along the way and he continues to help us and be with us EVERYDAY. I kept thinking of the scripture John 14:18 during our adventures, the Lord is talking and He says "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come unto you". HOW GREAT IS THAT?!??? No matter how lonely we might feel, we are truly never alone!!!! AHHHH I LOVE THIS GOSPEL.
ANYWHOOOOO, I hope you all had an amazing week and Happy Mother's Day to all the momma's (and my momma:))that are reading this!
LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
sister farnworth
![]() |
| Lost on the spontaneous trail! |








No comments:
Post a Comment